Only Certified Civil Trial Attorneys are permitted to advertise their specialized knowledge of trial tactics, the Rules of Evidence, and the Rules of Court. Only after passing a lengthy written examination and having my courtroom experience reviewed by a Supreme Court committee, was I given the honor of being appointed as a Certified Civil Trial Attorney. This honor is bestowed upon only a very small percentage of attorneys in New Jersey. The rigorous appointment process assures the public and members of the bar that when I agree to handle a case, I have the experience and knowledge to guide the matter to a successful conclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Litigation(Answers will appear below the list of Questions.)
- 1. What types of cases do you handle?
- 2. Do you defend people and companies being sued?
- 3. Will you try to settle a case before filing a lawsuit?
- 4. Do you accept cases on a contingency basis?
- 5. I don't know if I have a case/claim?
- 6. Do you charge for an initial consultation?
- 7. What does "No Fault" insurance mean?
- 8. What if the driver at fault does not have insurance?
1. WHAT TYPES OF CASES DO YOU HANDLE?
I handle just about any matter that requires litigation, including accident claims, Contract and Commercial Matters, Uninsured and Under-insured Motorist Claims, wrongful death claims, etc. If you have a question about a certain case, please call me.
2. DO YOU DEFEND PEOPLE AND COMPANIES BEING SUED?
I defend people and companies, and I sue on behalf of people and companies. I accept cases where two factors are present:
A. I believe in the client, and
B. The case requires the skill of a Certified Civil Trial Attorney.
3. DO YOU TRY TO SETTLE A CASE BEFORE FILING A LAWSUIT?
Yes, absolutely. This saves filing fees and other litigation expenses.
4. DO YOU ACCEPT CASES ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS?
Yes I do. This kind of fee arrangement works best with accident and injury claims and collection cases. If I accept your case, I am only paid a fee if I win money for you. Therefore our shared goal is to maximize the recovery.
5. I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE A CASE/CLAIM?
I can usually answer this question after a client gives me a short description of the situation. Frankly, if I do not believe you should pursue the claim, I will tell you that in clear terms.
6. DO YOU CHARGE FOR AN INITIAL CONSULTATION?
No. I do not charge for an initial consultation.
7. WHAT DOES "NO FAULT" INSURANCE MEAN?
"No Fault" insurance means, that when a person is involved in an automobile accident, their own insurance pays the MEDICAL BILLS automatically without regard to who caused the accident. If the accident victim is injured, and wishes to file a suit to obtain money damages for pain and suffering, the victim must prove the accident or occurrence was someone else's fault.
8. WHAT IF THE DRIVER AT FAULT DOES NOT HAVE INSURANCE?
You are probably entitled to make a claim for Uninsured Motorist benefits, and possibly Underinsured Motorist benefits. I can provide more specific information after asking a few additional questions about the facts of your accident.